How to Apply
You may be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Michigan scholarship if you:
- Work in a licensed, tribal, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), or Developmental Kindergarten (DK) setting directly with children. Positions include: Director, assistant director, teacher, assistant/aide, para-pro assigned to birth-pre-k setting, owner, family/group home child care, curriculum specialist/director, floater, site supervisor, school-age program staff. Cooks, bus drivers, administrative support and other positions in licensed, tribal, ECSE or DK setting must submit proof they work at least 20hr/week directly with children in a classroom. Position hours may be across licenses held by one organization.
- Are pursuing a CDA, MiYDA, Associates Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education including ZN Endorsement (Early Childhood General and Special Education- Birth to Kindergarten), and ZO Endorsement (Lower Elementary Education- Pre-K to 3rd Grade) when combined with the ZN Endorsement.
- Meet the following income eligibility requirements:
- Earn no more than $19.60/hour if pursuing a CDA, Associate degree, or Bachelor’s degree coursework
- Work in a program willing to sponsor you on scholarship, or are employed in a stipend scholarship approved program.
For Master’s Degree eligibility requirements, visit https://www.miaeyc.org/professional-development/t-e-a-c-h-scholarships/scholarship-information/masters-degree-scholarship/
T.E.A.C.H Application Information
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2022 ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. Michigan AEYC will no longer accepted printed T.E.A.C.H. applications.
Please contact email@example.com or call 517-351-4183 ext. 312 if you need application assistance.
Complete and submit your T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship application after admittance into a participating college or university. CDA Assessment or Renewal applicants should apply for a T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship after beginning the online application for the CDA Credential at www.cdacouncil.org.CDA applicants must apply for the credential online to be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship. View a video of the CDA Application process before beginning your scholarship application here: CDA Application Video
Applicants working in a licensed child care program must submit a valid and active license number on your T.E.A.C.H. application. Visit www.greatstarttoquality.org to verify your program’s license number and status. Programs on a 2nd provisional or revoked license are not eligible for participation on the scholarship.
Incomplete applications will cause a delay in response time. Complete applications including all required attachments must be received for consideration and a scholarship award will be communicated within 5-8 weeks of receiving a completed application. Applications are accepted in the order they are received AND prioritized based on participation in Michigan’s Great Start to Quality Star Rating System.
In order to be considered for a tuition payment authorization prior to the start of class, submit your complete application by:
July 1 for Fall Semester classes
October 1 for Winter/Spring Semester classes
March 1 for Spring/Summer classes
Applications received after these dates may not qualify for tuition payment to the college and individuals must coordinate payment arrangements to the college. Note: An application submission is not a guarantee of scholarship.
Master’s Degree Scholarship Update: T.E.A.C.H. is awarding a limited number of Master’s degree scholarship awards at this time. Master’s degree scholarships are currently awarded on a one semester term length.
Questions? Please visit our FAQ, call a counselor at 517-351-4183 ext. 312 or chat live with a counselor using the chat feature at the bottom of the page to learn more about our scholarship program and application process, or to request a downloadable application form. Live Chat feature is available Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.
Please contact our office to receive a Spanish or Arabic version of the scholarship application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 517-351-4183 ext. 312.